The Hayes Family

The Hayes Family

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Scream


Early this morning I was enjoying a warm shower while Josh was watching the kids (a few brief moments to myself before the chaos of the day began) and I heard a scream. Actually I heard 4 screams in a row. Usually hearing a scream means one of several things in our house. 1 - Scott has gotten tired of Ryan pestering him and landed a blow or a bite his way. 2 - Ryan is being disciplined by Josh and overdramatizing the situation. Or 3 - A wrestling match has begun involving all 3 boys. But this scream didn't come from one of the kids. This scream came from my husband Josh which was even more worrisome. A few seconds afterward, Ryan came running down the hallway yelling, "Mom dad needs help!" The first thing that ran through my mind was our large fireplace downstairs. Josh and I have been talking about covering the edges and corners of it since Scott has been born, but haven't yet. I envisioned Scott, head busted open, Josh frantically trying to figure out what to do. (Don't worry that wasn't the case, but when you're a mom you think things like that). What I found when I jumped out of the shower and ran downstairs was poop. Poop eve-ry-where. Poop on Josh, poop on Josh's pants he was wearing to work, poop on the carpet, poop on all of Scott's clothes, poop on Scott from his feet to his hands. Wow. What a cleanup job involving the bathtub, some Shout, the washing machine, and a change of clothes. Situations like these make me so glad I have Josh and his help. I couldn't help but be so glad and thankful that this had happened BEFORE he went to work and not after. =) Having him AND his help is such a gift and a blessing. Sometimes i take that for granted. This morning was a good reminder that life with two kids minus Josh would be a disaster. Thank you God for the gift of marriage and my sweet husband. =)




No comments:

Post a Comment