This week while I was cleaning out our laundry area, the boys were playing with an infant swing. They were giggling and having such a good time together on it! I had a thought that maybe it wasn't the best idea. Scott still doesn't understand balance very well and Ryan has zero judgement about situations he might put his brother in... and then i had a feeling...like that mother intuition feeling that something was getting ready to happen. Even though i had that feeling I ignored it and figured that they would be fine because they were having so much fun together on it. Well, I turned my head to finish cleaning and almost immediately I heard a loud scream. I ran in the room to find Scott holding his breath (as usual) and Ryan frozen. I scooped him up as blood was pouring out of Scott's mouth all over his clothes, my clothes, his face. I found the passy, put it in his mouth and sat and rocked him letting the blood just seep out on my shirt. It was actually the shirt I bought on our honeymoon at a Salty Dog Cafe. It is ragged and torn after 7 years of wear but I have always kept it to remember. Our lives have sure changed since then! Now it will be torn, ragged, and blood stained.
As it turns out Scott must have somehow fallen out of the swing, hit the base with his mouth and with his lower teeth, bit into his upper lip. It was the worst busted lip I had ever seen. He couldn't eat dinner that night because it hurt him so badly! He has actually busted it open 3 more times since the accident because it is so tender. He is a very busy boy! Thankfully it is now beginning to heal and not be so sensitive for him. He is such a dare devil and has no sense of fear! I hope this is not a glimpse of the injuries to come!

Doesn't seem to upset here does he?

The Doctor said to watch for nerve damage to his teeth! They aren't even in yet!
Bottom two teeth are in good!
Their sweet daddy got them popsicles to help the swelling.

Ryan is thinking this all worked out pretty good for him! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment