Cannot tell you how many times these words have come out of our mouth to our 3 and half year old Ryan. It is becoming next to the norm for Ryan to check with me to see if I have keys when coming out to the car, make sure we are on the right road to get to Walmart, and to make sure I have right cart and Scott secured safely. I would say that it is all part of just being an older brother and learning to look out for him and everyone else....BUT Ryan has been doing this type of thing since he was 18 months. I can still remember him pointing and crying when we wouldn't turn on Mamaw's road. Since that time he is super attentive about where we are going, why, who's going to be there, and how will we return home. Josh and I have become so accustomed to hearing him try and make sense of and control all situations that we just laugh to each other and say, "Ryan Just RIDE!" :) We know where we are going and we will take care of all the details you do not know! lol - Another glimpse, as Jerry mentioned in his sermon, of how God views us.
Jesus told Martha, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better and it will not be taken from her." Luke 10:41 Not sure if this describes you, but it certainly does me. God in his grace looks down on me and says, "Carrie, you worry about many things..." He is in the driver's seat and knows exactly where he is going. I'm so glad for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment