The Hayes Family

The Hayes Family

Monday, June 10, 2013

Dinosaurs!


Last week was dinosaur week here. For 3 days we read about dinosaurs, traced dinosaurs, made dinosaur prints, eat dinosaur eggs, and watched dinosaur shows. I quickly found out that I know very little about dinosaurs! lol - Maybe thats why I don't think this will be my favorite theme of the summer. I think the boys had fun though and it certainly kept them active, engaged, and learning! Here are a few photos from our week!




Sensory table - I totally thought this would be a hit and after the first day, they really did not care for it anymore. 



I worked so hard! =)




Dinosaur foot prints in playdoh.




This is Ryan's phonics workbook - not related to dinosaurs.



Scott was pouring rice into different containers and Ryan was working on a puzzle here. The rice was everywhere at the end of the day and I vowed that rice will not be used anymore. lol =)




Puzzle work



Tracing 



Dinosaur color match up - All the dinosaurs are cut in half and he had to match them up. This is really more for Scott, but I couldn't ever get Scott interested. 




Dinosaur egg sort.



Dinosaur egg graphing




And of course Dinosaur egg eating!



Q-tip painting - They are suppose to make dots in the circles to complete. I demonstrated that at the top of his page, but he seemed to have his own plan for the dinosaur. =) 




This is before Ryan decided to break out of the mold and just paint the whole thing brown. lol =)




Had to share this - Scott outside saying, "Go away..Leave me alone" (which means he's pooping) lol Working on that.




One of Ryan's trays - Circle all letter D's.





Tracing practice 




Cutting practice




Scott building by himself.




This seemed a little cumbersome so I changed it and only gave him 3 dinosaurs to put the correct number and color paper clip on. 





Hard worker!




Fine motor skills!





My mom is the paper mache queen. She can make almost anything so she made us these dinosaurs to paint and add eyes and spikes to.





Paint was everywhere!





Perfecting our Apatosaurus.




And painting ourselves! We are still working on finishing these and adding the eyes and spikes.



It was a busy, but fun 3 days of learning. Excited about the memories made. This week's theme is plants! Should be fun. I'm excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment