Ok, Ryan has grown up listening to a large variety of music... classical, 80s, old country music, christian rap, christian praise and worship..and the list goes on and on. Josh and I have pretty different tastes in music so I guess that's why. There is one song that Ryan loves called "Louisiana Saturday Night." It's an OLD country song that goes like this:
"Well you get down the fiddle, and you get down the bow
Take off your shoes and you throw 'em on the floor
Dance in the kitchen till the mornin' light
Louisiana Saturday night!"
It's a funny song. Well, he's been singing it lately but only one part of the song OVER and OVER. It seems to have gotten stuck in his head. I wouldn't have thought a thing about it except that particular part of the song is this:
"When the kin folk leave and the kids get fed, me and my woman gonna slip off to bed"...and then it goes on to say "Have a little fun when we turn out the lights... Louisiana Saturday Night!"
Ryan kept singing over and over again "Me and my woman gonna slip off to bed" and then laughing. I ignored it for a while, but after several days of hearing it I began to wonder why that part of the song seemed to be so interesting to him! The kid is 4 but catches things super quick and is pretty perceptive for his age. Could he possibly understand what the song was talking about?? The more I thought about it, the more I wondered and the more I wondered the more concerned I got! lol - So I finally stopped ignoring it and asked him!
Me - Ryan, why do you keep singing that part of the song over and over again?
R - Cause it's funny mom. They slip off the bed. They fall off. (laughing) It's funny.
Me - (laughing) You're right Ryan. That is funny.
It just shows you that they, even though perceptive, are thinking completely different things than we think they are. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment