The Hayes Family

The Hayes Family

Friday, January 17, 2014

The January blues...

January is my least favorite month of the year. But, I do like doing school in January. Without the distractions of warm weather, parks, and pools I am forced to get creative inside and we usually do lots of art, learning, pretending, and baking. Here are some pictures of what we have been doing in school this January!



Doing some phonics work on a Friday morning. 



Cutting practice




Clifford Magazine coloring. I love this magazine! Even Scott gets into it.




This is the first activity Scott has actually really been involved in worksheet-wise. He colored the snowman according to the diagram.




Lots of tracing practice!




S is for Stars!




More phonics practice.





Some counting and recording




Scott practiced counting on his own.





Making jello



Music break




I loved this activity that went with "The Mitten." Create a clothes line and Ryan hung up paper mittens that count by tens. He loved it!




Left and Right practice. 




Tracing





Awesome book



Finished clothes line




Ryan's mitten pattern. So funny….I gave him a handful of mittens and told him to make a pattern. I said  "You can use 2 colors or 3 colors and make sure it's a pattern." I was completely expecting an AB or a ABC pattern. When I came back and saw colors everywhere I was thinking, "Hmmm this doesn't look right" until I asked him for the pattern. He was right on the money, just thinking a step ahead of me! 

I guess there are fun things to do in January but I know one girl who will be excited to see the Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment